To mark World AIDS Day on December 1, GROWLr Live presents a very special and unique panel discussion on the state of HIV in 2022. They have invited infectious diseases experts and HIV activists to have an honest and invaluable conversation discussing topics important to GROWLr members live on the platform.
Topics that will be discussed will range from finding healthcare providers to reframing what ‘safer sex’ means in 2022, as well as diving into some statistical conversation around the differences of living in southern states and peoples’ ethnic background.
A full list of the topics for the session include:
- How to find an affirming health care provider
- Reiterating the science behind U=U and its significance
- Reframing what “safer” sex means in 2022
- How stigma against people living with HIV is still a big issue today
- Southern states and African Americans are disproportionately impacted when it comes to new HIV diagnoses. Why is this and what can be done to improve it?
- If the Biden / Harris Administration came to you and asked you what can be done to realize the goal of Ending The HIV Epidemic by 2030, what would you say?
- How can people using social media, including Growlr, help their friends, partners, and communities, learn about the numerous ways to prevent HIV?
Dr. Aniruddha Hazra: Assistant Professor in the Section of Infectious Diseases and Global Health at the University of Chicago and Director of STI Services at the Chicago Center for HIV Elimination.
Dr. Joseph Cherabie: Associate Medical Director of the St. Louis County Sexual Health Clinic and the Associate Medical Director of the St. Louis STI/HIV prevention Training Center.
Kenya “Garçon” Hutton: Dedicated social justice leader for the Black and Latnix Queer community with 20+ years’ experience, current Deputy Director of the Center for Black Equity and founder of the Capitol Ballroom Council, inc.
Damon L. Jacobs: NYC based HIV activist, PrEP educator author and licensed marriage and family therapist. Damon will be the moderator of the panel discussion.
Join GROWLr here ready for this hugely informative and influential panel talk on December 1 at 8pm ET.