Dido releases her first new album in five years, ‘Still On My Mind’. Available on all digital platforms, her highly anticipated full-length features the single, Give You Up, Hurricanes, Chances, Friends and title track Still On My Mind.
‘Still On My Mind’ is Dido’s 5th studio album and was written and recorded in England, a result of the fruitful and incredibly natural production/songwriting partnership with her long term collaborator and brother (faithless founder) Rollo.
‘It was simple, I only wanted to make another album if it was with him’ says Dido. ‘It was made in such an easy way, all the vocals recorded on the sofa, a lot of it recorded at home’. It follows the 2013 release of the acclaimed ‘Girl Who Got Away’.
‘Still On My Mind’ encapsulates a variety of styles and genres, ranging from her love of hip hop to her folk roots, but ultimately the entire record carries a dance and electronic music sensibility, even on the tracks with no beats. At the core, it’s about the songs which capture the beautiful essence of Dido personally and emotionally.
On the album’s first official single, ‘Give You Up’ Dido said “It’s a good break up song, where you’ve been hurt but feel strong. It’s that point in a relationship where you are pulling yourself out of the gutter and deciding that it’s their loss. Which I can totally relate to.”
With sales of more than 40 million albums worldwide, Dido is one of the best- selling UK artists ever. Both ‘No Angel’ and its 2003 follow-up, ‘Life For Rent’, still rank among the UK’s biggest-selling albums of all-time.
The multi-million selling singer goes on a world tour throughout 2019:
- May 5 – Prague, Czech Rep – Forum Karlín
- May 7 – Zürich, Switzerland – Volkshaus
- May 8 – Milan, Italy – Teatro Degli Arcimboldi
- May 10 – Munich, Germany – Circus Krone
- May 11 – Vienna, Austria – Wiener Stadthalle
- May 13 – Frankfurt, Germany – Alte Oper Frankfurt, Grosser Saal
- May 15 – Berlin, Germany – Tempodrom
- May 16 – Hamburg, Germany – Laeiszhalle Hamburg
- May 17 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Paradiso
- May 19 – Düsseldorf, Germany – Mitsubishi Electric Halle
- May 20 – Brussels, Belgium – Cirque Royal
- May 21 – Paris, France – L’Olympia
- May 26 – Glasgow, UK – Royal Concert Hall
- May 27 – Dublin, Ireland – Olympia Theatre
- May 29 – Manchester, UK – Albert Hall
- May 30 & 31 – London, UK – Roundhouse
- June 13 – Chicago, IL – Vic Theatre
- June 17 – Boston, MA – House of Blues
- June 19 – New York, NY – Terminal 5
- June 21 – Washington DC – Lincoln Theatre
- June 22 – Philadelphia, PA – Union Transfer
- June 25 – Los Angeles, CA – The Wiltern
- June 26 – San Francisco, CA – The Masonic
- June 28 – Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
- June 30 – Seattle, WA – Showbox SODO
More info on the tour here
Connect with DIDO
If you live in the United States, you could win a copy of the new album on CD by entering our competition. Simply fill out the form below. Winners will be notified by email on 15 March.