Get ready to say “Bear” in Portuguese (“Urso”) again! Camp Bear Hug is BACK… with an extra summer event added!
Last year, Wellness Coach Jon Fischer (Coach Cub), founder of Pawed NYC, ran a bear wellness retreat in Portugal in September 2022 called Camp Bear Hug! He plans on running two more retreats in Portugal in 2023.
Camp Bear Hug was 5 night retreat in Portugal, split between a retreat house in the countryside just south of Lisbon and two nights in Lisbon. It was a safe space for guys to let their bellies hang and their guards down in order to create deep connections with each other. But it was also a fun camp vibe, with pool and beach time and tours of local wineries and castles.
Some highlights were 3 meals a day prepared by Bear chef (who they nicknamed Chef Zaddy), a dance class ran by Bear yoga and dance teacher Diniz, a skincare night with Ricardo (Guyoverboad), lots and lots of laughter – and much much more!
Plan for 2023 Portugal retreats:
1. Camp Bear Hug will host one retreat from June 30-July 9th that will be summer camp-themed.
- Anthony from Arrested Movement will be on the team and he’ll host workshops, including a photography portrait series with the participants.
- A stay at the retreat house for 4 nights and then travel to Coimbra, Nazare, and Lisbon.
2. Camp Bear Hug will host a second retreat is from September 1-10 that is Wine-Themed
- We will learn about Portuguese culture and explore nature through wine
- We will stay at the retreat house for 3 nights and then travel north to visit wine cellars in Porto and wineries on the Douro River
Here’s what to expect:
- Meaningful connections and new experiences with a supportive, like-minded, body-positive group.
- A variety of activities (beach trips, pool time, movement classes, cuddle piles) and workshops that you can opt in or out of.
- All meals included, prepared by our in-house bear chef.
- A gorgeous house with semi-private and shared rooms – and a pool.
- Lots of time to unplug, relax, and enjoy nature.
- And much, much more.
So, if you are ready to:
- Experience Portugal with a fun, supportive group of bears.
- Feel free in your beautiful bear body.
- Let your belly out at the pool and at the beach!
- Have deep, intimate, and meaningful experiences.
Then sign up for a consultation with Coach Jon Fischer to see if Camp Bear Hug is for you!