Asbury Park Beach Bear Invasion returns for 2023 from August 18th through 21st.
Organized by Scott Broussard, this New Jersey event has it all with assorted pool parties, dance parties and beach parties all weekend long! Asbury Park itself was named one of the friendliest small cities in the US to LGBTQ travelers by our sister publication, Vacationer, so you can also go forth and party with peace of mind with regard to safety.
“My event welcomes all shapes, sizes and shades of men,” said Broussard. “This will be the eighth year of Asbury Park Beach Bear Invasion and it has grown to unbelievable numbers in attendance over the years. I am super proud of it and I’m so glad I put this event on for my community and have a safe place for people to meet and have fun!”
Though it appears the Empress Hotel (where a lot of the action takes place), is sold out for the weekend, Scott has put together a list of additional hotels and Airbnb’s that still have vacancies and are only a short Uber/Lyft ride away. Click on the hyperlinks to check them out!
For attendees flying in, it is recommended that you fly into Newark Airport and transfer to NJ Transit to Asbury Park Station (or grab a taxi). Similarly, those coming from throughout NJ or New York City are encouraged to utilize NJ Transit.
For those intending to hit the beach parties, beach day passes are available at parking meters and on the boardwalk (USD 7.00 per day per adult), or available online or through the Viplypass app (viplypass.com/asbury-park-beach-badges).
Drivers are encouraged to download the Asbury PARK Parking app in the iTunes or Google Play stores for the easiest way to pay for parking.
Here is the schedule of events for Bear Invasion weekend:
Friday August 18th
· Welcome Tea dance, 5 to 9pm, Empress hotel pool area ( Tickets on sale HERE)
· Furball dance by Joe Fiore, 10pm to 3am, Paradise Club ( Pay at the door )
Saturday August 19th
· Plunge pool party by Daddy Ersin, 12 to 6pm, Empress hotel pool area ( Tickets on sale HERE )
· Bear Market Day #1, 12 to 8pm, Copper bar ( Must buy Plunge pool party ticket to gain entry)
· Ram dance by Daddy Ersin, 10 to 3am, Paradise Club ( Tickets on sale HERE )
Sunday August 20th
· Bears on the beach 9am to 5pm, Asbury Park Beach
· Bear Market Day #2, 12 to 8pm, Copper bar ( Must pay pool entry fee to gain access )
· Tea dance, 5 to 9pm, Empress hotel pool area ( Pay at door )
Monday August 21st
· Bears on the beach 9am to 5pm, Asbury Park
For more information check out the Asbury Park Beach Invasion Linktree HERE.